To put it simply, marketing is the effort of advertising and selling goods and services.
When you boil it down to that basic definition, marketing has been around almost as long as humankind itself!
Even in prehistoric times, our ancestors began creating goods like figurines and jewelry. While they couldn’t exactly take out ads in newspapers or magazines at that time, they did need to find ways to trade their products!
Marketing as we know it today really began to develop in the last 1940s, as competition and consumers’ choices grew in the post-war economy.
Marketing team names can be motivational and funny while maintaining a work-appropriate tone.
Our list features a range of great marketing team names. For tips to create your own great marketing team name, we offer some suggestions after the list below.
The Concept Crew
Two Thumbs Up!
Think Tank Inc.
The Profit Posse
Brain Storm Squad
The Cold Call Crew
Born to Achieve
Surgeons of Sales
The Cash Cows
Sell It All
Sultans of Sales
Revenue Your Engines
Dollars to Donuts
Business as Usual
Peaches and CRM
Use the (Sales) Force
All Eyes on Us
Word of Mouth
How to Create an Awesome Marketing Team Name
To create an awesome marketing team name, use the following tips:
- Take cues from popular marketing jargon. If you and your team have a specific word or phrase that you like to use, create a unique team name with it. Get creative and come up with something truly individual!
- Let your team vote on a name. Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with a name. If each team member submits a team name suggestion or two, you can then put the final choice to a vote.
- Choose a name based on a movie or TV show. A fun way to name your marketing team is to use a movie or TV character for inspiration. The character may or may not have anything to do with marketing. You can be as creative as you like (just remember to keep your name work-appropriate).
- Name your team with an acronym. Take each team member’s first name and choose a word that corresponds with the first letter of the name. Then, arrange all of the words to create your team acronym. You can have each team member contribute their word if you wish.
- "Marketing Team Names," Team Group Names[↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩]
- "Creative Marketing Team Names," Worth Start[↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩]