Seven is considered a lucky number, so lucky you for having a seven-member team or friend group!
The number seven has held significance for thousands of years and in nearly every major religion.
Find our suggestions for seven-member group names below, plus scroll past the list for our generator and tips on creating your own team names.
reference to the song of the same name by Ariana Grande
reference to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
We Ate Nine
inspired by “7, 8, 9” which sounds like “seven ate nine”
The Seven Wonders
Days of the Week
Six Plus One
reference to the western film made in 1960 and remade in 2016
reference to the TV show of the same name
Seven of Hearts
reference to the 1995 film of the same name
reference to the seventh element on the periodic table
reference to the classic musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Sevenfold Path
reference to “The Twelve Days of Christmas”
The Sacred Truths
inspired by the Seven Sacred Truths
reference to the 1954 film of the same name
short for “women of wisdom”
The Seven Habits
inspired by The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Quora, “What Are Some Things That Come In Groups of 7?”
Italian for “seven”
The Real Housewives of [State/City]
reference to the TV franchise
reference to the seventh state to ratify the U.S. constitution
Seven of Spades
Spanish for “seven”
Group of Seven
The Seven Pillars
inspired by the Seven Pillars of Wisdom
Seven Degrees of Separation
Life of Seven
Seven-Member Group Name Generator
How to Create a Good Seven-Member Group Name
Keep the following tips in mind when creating your seven-member group name; we also considered these when creating our list:
- Use the number seven. You can tack “seven” onto another word, such as “Seven Kings”; use a multiple of seven, or use a word that means seven of something like “septet” (seven singers).
- Get inspiration from other groups of seven. Look into bands with seven members, movies or tv shows about seven-person friend groups, and similar pop culture references.
- Use existing objects/things. Our list includes examples like “Seven Brides” — a name inspired by existing things (a musical), which already include the number seven. This is one of the easiest ways to create a seven-member group name since most of the work is done for you — you just have to adapt the existing name or phrase to suit your group.
- Keep your group members in mind. What type of group do you have — a group chat, workplace group, study group, etc? The type of group can influence your name’s tone and wording since the name should be something that all group members agree with and do not find objectionable or offensive.
- Quora, "What Are Some Things That Come In Groups of 7?"