Seven is considered a lucky number, so lucky you for having a seven-member team or friend group!
The number seven has held significance for thousands of years and in nearly every major religion.
Your group shares a size in common with the days in a week, the colors of the rainbow, the continents on the globe, the wonders of the world, and even the massively popular music group BTS.
Find our suggestions for seven-member group names below, plus scroll past the list for our generator and tips on creating your own team names.
reference to the western film made in 1960 and remade in 2016
reference to the 1995 film of the same name
reference to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
reference to the song of the same name by Ariana Grande
Seven of Hearts
reference to “The Twelve Days of Christmas”
Six Plus One
Days of the Week
reference to the TV show of the same name
The Sevenfold Path
The Seven Habits
inspired by The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Quora, “What Are Some Things That Come In Groups of 7?”[↩]
The Seven Wonders
reference to the classic musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
reference to the seventh element on the periodic table
reference to the 1954 film of the same name
We Ate Nine
inspired by “7, 8, 9” which sounds like “seven ate nine”
Spanish for “seven”
Seven of Spades
Seven Degrees of Separation
Italian for “seven”
short for “women of wisdom”
reference to the seventh state to ratify the U.S. constitution
Life of Seven
The Sacred Truths
inspired by the Seven Sacred Truths
The Seven Pillars
inspired by the Seven Pillars of Wisdom
The Real Housewives of [State/City]
reference to the TV franchise
Group of Seven
Seven-Member Group Name Generator
How to Create a Good Seven-Member Group Name
Keep the following tips in mind when creating your seven-member group name; we also considered these when creating our list:
- Use the number seven. You can tack “seven” onto another word, such as “Seven Kings”; use a multiple of seven, or use a word that means seven of something like “septet” (seven singers).
- Get inspiration from other groups of seven. Look into bands with seven members, movies or tv shows about seven-person friend groups, and similar pop culture references.
- Use existing objects/things. Our list includes examples like “Seven Brides” — a name inspired by existing things (a musical), which already include the number seven. This is one of the easiest ways to create a seven-member group name since most of the work is done for you — you just have to adapt the existing name or phrase to suit your group.
- Keep your group members in mind. What type of group do you have — a group chat, workplace group, study group, etc? The type of group can influence your name’s tone and wording since the name should be something that all group members agree with and do not find objectionable or offensive.
- Quora, "What Are Some Things That Come In Groups of 7?"[↩][↩][↩][↩]