Humans are hardwired to need a sense of belonging. This is important to our emotional well-being and can contribute to a more fulfilling future.
Research shows that employees are happier when they have friends at work. They’re also more likely to perform better on the job.
One way to form and foster friendships in any setting is to join or create a committee.
Spending extra time with fellow committee members allows you to get to know them better as you work toward a common goal.
Below, we have the list of fun committee names, whether you’re naming a work-related group or forming a social committee.
You’ll also find a name generator and ways to create your own names below the list.
Board of Amusement
a play on “gold diggers”; for a marketing committee
The Jolly Committee
Smells Like Team Spirit
a play on “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Society of Silliness
The Witty Committee
Kick Back and Relax Crew
All Play and No Work
Lunch Room Bandits
Wishing for the Weekend
short for “thank goodness it’s Friday”
short for “the republic of laughing loud”
a play on “qualifying crew”
Top 'Nacho' Workers
a play on “top-notch workers”
Directors of Banter
Committee of Tricky Pretties
Off the Books
a play on “off the hook”
It's Raining Stats and Blogs
a play on “it’s raining cats and dogs”
Association of Perplexities
Masters of Disaster
One-Stop Shop Workers
Board of Jesters
a play on “Mission Impossible”
sell+celebrities; for a marketing committee
Fun Committee Name Generator
How to Create Your Own Fun Committee Names
Considering the varying reasons committees are formed, you may prefer to create your own name that reflects your team’s goals.
This can be a fun item to add to your first meeting’s agenda!
Try out our ideas for creating your own fun committee name:
- Keep it appropriate. This is especially important in the workplace. Be mindful of those who will be hearing about or receiving services from your committee, in addition to its members, and avoid any language that could be offensive.
- Try to incorporate the purpose of the committee. Committees are generally formed to serve a purpose. Make a list of keywords regarding what your committee is working on to help find inspiration for name ideas.
- Use your meeting’s location for inspiration. If you have a set place for every meeting, it may be just the inspiration you need. This could be used to create something like “Breakroom Bros” or “Community Center Merry Makers.”
- Use an acronym. All you need is to choose a short, simple word that can be turned into a committee name or slogan abbreviation. For example, “F.U.N.” could stand for “Founders of Utopian Neighborhoods.”
- "Team Names for Work Groups," Sports Feel Good Stories
- "What are some catchy names for fun committees at work?" Quora
- "Team Names for Work," Team Building
- "250 Unique Social Committee Name Ideas," Names