Diversity recognizes that everyone is different, and inclusion means that people aren’t excluded but are valued for their differences.
A lack of diversity and inclusion is shown to lead directly to discrimination.
A study of Millennials and Gen Z reveals that almost 50% of job seekers in that age group look for inclusive employers. Diversity and inclusion are essential when it comes to hiring and retaining the best talent.
Our list of diversity and inclusion team names features a range of great options suitable for any group. If you’d like to create your own team name, we also offer some tips below the list.
Alliance for Inclusion
[Company Name] Diversity & Inclusion Council
Strength in Differences
[Company Name] Diversity Network
United we Stand
Side by Side
One for All
Lift one Another
Inclusive Leadership Forum
[Company Name] Inclusion Alliance
A Lot Alike
Shoulder to Shoulder
Cultural Competence Forum
How to Create Your Own Diversity and Inclusion Team Names
Create your own diversity and inclusion team names using the following tips:
- Choose a single word that encompasses the meaning of diversity and inclusion. This can be as simple as looking up the meaning of the words “diversity” and “inclusion” and considering all synonyms. Dig through all the terms that reflect your team’s goals until you find the perfect one.
- Keep it professional and positive. Your name can be creative and inspiring but should still sound professional and appropriate for the group’s setting. Keeping a positive tone is also best since your goal is to be welcoming to everyone!
- Find a quote about diversity and inclusion that you love and use it to create a team name. For example, a quote may talk about how our strength is in our differences rather than our similarities, so you could create a team name like Strength in Differences.
- Get inspiration from your team. Have your team members each submit a team name option and put the final choice to a vote. If several names end up at the top, you may be able to find a way to combine different choices into one unique name. Get creative!
- US Veterans and Military Magazine, "Nation's Top 25 Employee Resource Groups and Diversity Councils Honored at Orlando Conference[↩][↩]