Did you know that Wiffle balls were invented by a dad looking for a better backyard game for his son?
Taking extra ball-shaped plastic parts from a nearby factory, the man cut different designs into them until finding the perfect option, with eight oblong holes cut into it.
The name “Wiffle” comes from “wiff,” the name the neighborhood kids used to refer to strikeouts!
Today, Wiffle ball has grown to become a popular sport among children and adults alike, played at home, at the park, and at beaches.
There’s even a World Wiffle Ball Championship that’s been going strong for more than 40 years!
Wiffle ball team names can be as creative and fun as you wish, ranging from puns to names inspired by the game’s rules and plays. We have the list of more than 70 good Wiffle ball team names below.
If you’d like to create your own Wiffle ball team name, see our tips after the list!
Take a Wiff
a play on “buttered waffles”
a play on the restaurant Waffle House
The Wiffle Association
United We Wiffle
Wiffles Gone Wild
Hit the Wiff
Wiffs of Fire
Get a Wiff
Fast Pitch Force
Wiffle While We Work
a play on “whistle while we work”
a play on “waffle iron”
Bat Attitude Crew
Major Wiff Leaguers
The Base Aces
Line Drive Legends
A Case of the Wiffles
Wiffle World Heroes
Batter's Box Renegades
The Pegging Posse
Home Base Bunch
Wiffles in Flight
Plastic Bat Posse
The Scoop Squad
Just the Base-ICS
The Wiffle Waves
Soft Serve Legends
Wiffs of Gold
The Wiffle Tide
Saints and Wiffles
Wiffle Ball Team Name Generator
How to Create Good Wiffle Ball Team Names
You might want to create a name that reflects your Wiffle ball team in a more personal way — or perhaps you just want more options to choose from!
Create cool Wiffle ball team names using the following tips:
- Turn Wiffle ball terms into team names. Think of terms and phrases that you and your team routinely use during practices or games. If you decide on one word, you can add a descriptive word or phrase to it to make it more exciting and personal to your team. Use a word that collectively describes your team or a term that your team commonly uses.
- Choose a name unrelated to the game. Great team names don’t have to relate to the game you’re playing specifically. If you and your team members have anything in common, such as a favorite hobby other than Wiffle ball or liking the same style of music, use a word or phrase that captures that interest and create a team name with it.
- Get inspired by professional teams. You don’t have to use the name of a professional baseball or Wiffle ball team; use any team’s name to inspire you. Create a pun or acronym from your favorite team’s name, or choose a similar mascot.
- Use humor. Get creative and turn an inside joke or funny nickname into the perfect team name. To find a name that makes everyone chuckle, be sure to involve your entire team in the process and put the winning moniker to a vote.
- good-name.org, "30+ Wiffle Ball Team Names"
- Only for Names, "201+ Wiffle Ball Team Names  Cool, Catchy, Good & Funny"
- Give a Good Name, "30+ Wiffle Ball Team Names"
- Names Guruji, "320+ Wiffle Ball Team Names & Cool, Unique Team Names Ideas"
- Team Group Names, "550+ [Best] Wiffle Ball Team Names Ideas"
- Custom Ink, "Funny Wiffle Ball Team Names"
- BrandonGaille.com, "101 Funny Wiffle Ball Team Names"