“Star Wars” is undoubtedly one of the most iconic film series of all time.
The first movie became a blockbuster hit, and in the years since, “Star Wars” has become an enormous franchise of sequels, prequels, spin-offs, video games, TV shows, and books.
Everyone knows the phrase “may the force be with you,” even if they’re a non-fan and have only heard it from fans on May 4th!
Great “Star Wars”-inspired group names may be funny, cool, or serious — you can decide what you would like the name to represent.
There are many years of iconic “Star Wars” films, stories, and characters to draw from as inspiration.
If you can’t find anything that fits your group on our list, use our generator for more options or see our tips for making your own name below.
All About That Base, No Rebels
Scruffy-Lookin' Nerf Herders
The New Mos Eisley Cantina Band
Let the Wookie Win
On the Dark Side
The Official Jar Jar Binks Fan Club (est. 1999)
Alliance Of Rebels
The Solo Set
Rebel Base Commanders
The New Hope Gang
The Force Is With Us
The Crew from Naboo
On R2D2's Radar
Ewok This Way
Caste Of Wizards
The Yoda Collective
Han Shot First
Tie Fighter Style
Dark Side Vengeance
We're With Kenobi
Jedis in Training
On Skywalker's Side
Jar Jar Lives On!
Force Sensitive Society
The Heliost Clan
Wookies of the Year
Jedi Master Mentors
Star Wars Group Name Generator
How to Create a Cool “Star Wars” Group Name
Everyone knows “Star Wars.” Even people that have never seen one of the films are aware of its main characters and general story.
The more sources you have for finding a great group name, the easier it is to create one — and since it’s such a long-running and beloved franchise, “Star Wars” offers many options.
Our tips for creating a cool “Star Wars” group name include:
- Watch one or all of the “Star Wars” movies. As you watch, look and listen for words or phrases that may stand out to you. A favorite scene or side character that wouldn’t come to mind without a rewatch might inspire you. Your group name may be just one movie viewing (or binge session) away.
- Check out other “Star Wars” content like books and TV shows. You might find a lesser-known character, location, or plotline to inspire your team name, impressing fellow fans with your in-depth knowledge.
- Think of characters, places, and other specifics. Names, planets, and other story elements may be perfect for your “Star Wars” group name. Your favorite character or place will always evoke happy memories if you choose it as your group name. If favorites differ among your group members, make a list and take a vote!
- Read movie reviews and check out “Star Wars” fansites. Movie reviews and fan websites are usually chock full of descriptive words. You may find a cool “Star Wars” group name by choosing one or more unique “Star Wars”-related words or inside fan jokes from these sources.
- Sporcle, "The 25 Best Star Wars Trivia Team Names"
- Gridiron Experts, "50 Star Wars Team Names Perfect for Fantasy Leagues"
- Rules of Playing, "100+ Star War Team Names to Win above the Stars!"