Originally titled “Public Service,” the TV comedy “Parks and Recreation” was supposed to be a spin-off of “The Office.”
The writers decided to keep the mockumentary format but let the show stand on its own — with great success!
“Parks and Recreation” is one of the best-loved TV comedies of all time, and whether you’re attending a specific “Parks and Rec” trivia night or just wanted a Pawnee-themed name for your trivia team, everyone is sure to love your team name!
Find 50+ options on our list below, then scroll past the list for tips to help you brainstorm your own team names.
Pawnee Library Association
Quiz Yo' Self
You Got Jammed!
Bye Bye Li'l Sebastian
The Wamapoke Curse
We Have a Permit
I'm Perd Hapley, and This Is Our Trivia Team
The Fairway Franks
Li'l Sebastian's Tribute Team
Duke Silver Trio
Ovaries Before Brovaries
Jerry Larry Garry Terry
Friends, Waffles, Work
The Pawnee Rangers
Mean, Conniving, Rude, & Extremely Well-Read
The Human Disasters
The Very Good Building & Development Co.
The Beautiful, Talented, Brilliant, Powerful Musk-Oxen
The Pawnee Goddesses
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza Is Knowledge
Everybody Pants Now
Work a Little, Ball a Lot
Low Cal Calzone Zone
The Crown Clowns of Ice Town
Classy on a Budget
5,000 Candles in the Wind
Andy's Coffee Pot Ramen
Inspired by Ourselves
Ya Heard With Perd
Women in Garbage
Club a Dub Dub
A Series of Words That Have Meaning
Horizons Are Dumb
Everything Hurts and We're Dying
The Several Terrible Options
We Like People. Places. And things.
The Meagle Mottos
The Beautiful Tropical Fish
Just Give Me All the Bacon and Eggs You Have
The Cones of Dunshire
Literally Chris Traeger's Favorite Team
“Parks and Rec” Trivia Name Generator
How to Create Your Own “Parks and Rec” Trivia Team Names
Create your own great “Parks and Recreation” trivia team names using the following tips:
- Get inspiration from your favorite quotes. “Parks and Rec” is packed full of hilarious and iconic quotes. Get together with your team, collect your favorites, and then see which ones work best as team names or could be easily adapted into team names.
- Reference your team’s favorite character. Do you look up to Leslie Knope, Pawnee’s favorite waffle-loving bureaucrat, or do you relate more to the cynical April Ludgate? Have your team vote to decide on a favorite character (if you don’t already share the same favorite), then use some element of that character’s personality or plot lines to create a team name.
- Look at “Parks and Rec” episode titles. While not as instantly recognizable as the show’s iconic quotes, “Parks and Rec” episodes have great titles that can be used to create team names. Examples from our list include “Sister City,” “Christmas Scandal,” and “Freddy Spaghetti.” Choose a favorite episode, or just scroll through a complete list of episodes online and see which titles catch your eye.
- Sporcle, "Parks and Recreation Trivia Team Names"
- r/PandR, "Best Parks and Rec trivia team name."
- Quizmaster Trivia, "Best Team Names of November 2018"
- r/PandR, "Parks and Rec Quiz Team Names"