While sadness isn’t a pleasant emotion to experience, mild and short-term sadness can have some positive impacts on the brain, including improved memory, better social judgments, and increased motivation.
However, the primary function of sadness is to send a signal for help and comfort, which you can do by meeting with your friend group or another group.
Sad groups may want a name that evokes tears or something on the more sad-but-hopeful side.
Whether your group’s purpose is to commiserate or you just want a sad-sounding name, we have the list of sad group names to consider.
We also offer a group name generator and some tips on how to create your own sad group name below our list.
Inclined to Cry
Verge of Tears
The Sorrowful Squad
The Eeyorish Ones
reference to the “Winnie the Pooh” character
Resigned to Sadness
Summertime Sadness Club
named after the song by Lana Del Rey
On Lonely Street
The Ugly Criers Club
Wiping Tears Together
Essentially in Tears
Just Like Eeyore
Let It Go
named after the song by Elvis
The Tears Troupe
The Fake Happies
inspired by the Paramore song “Fake Happy”
The Woebegone Tribe
The Teary Circle
Clan of Emotion
Sad Beautiful Tragic
named after the song by Taylor Swift
Gang of Gloom
Broken Hearts Club
The BooHoo Brigade
All Hopes Dashed
The Bawling Bunch
Storm Clouds Ahead
Legacy of Sobs
The Sulk Squad
Glass Half Empty
The Sad Emphasis
Mending Broken Hearts
The Angsty Allstars
The Glum Gang
Sad Group Name Generator
How to Create a Great Sad Group Name
Sadness can manifest in many different forms. To create a perfect sad group name, keep the following suggestions in mind:
- Consider the level of sadness. Sadness can be all-encompassing or on the milder side. Depending on the reason for your group’s decision to choose a sad name, you can brainstorm a list of mildly sad themes or words that convey intense sadness. Once you have a list, thoughtfully consider which words describe your group or its main goals/reasons for forming.
- Ask others for ideas. Sadness is a powerful emotion; if you’re choosing a sad group name because you are sad, you may not be feeling creative enough to formulate a name on your own. If you have any friends or family members that are aware of your group, you may want to ask them for suggestions or poll your group members.
- Put on your best sad playlist. Everyone has one: that playlist you put on when you need a good cry! Play it or browse the tracklist for inspiration. Song titles and lyrics can provide great inspiration for a sad group name.
- Try to keep it lighthearted, if possible. Sadness is a given in life. We are all going to have sad times, yet the good times will hopefully outweigh them. Choosing a sad-but-sarcastic name can even be oddly uplifting! If you can add a bit of whimsy or humor to your sad group name, perhaps it will bring a smile to your group members and others.
- Whats Group Names, "370+ Sad Group Names & Also Heartbroken Group Names "
- Rules of Playing, "50+ Sad Group Names ,Nicknames, Usernames [Deepest & Truly Felt ]"