Paintball was first invented not as a game, but as a tool for loggers and farmers, who would use the paintballs to mark cattle in their herds or mark trees for cutting.
The first game was played in the 1980s between friends who had the idea after debating survival instincts and later coming across a paintball marker in a farming catalog.
Today, it’s one of the most popular non-traditional sports, with players in over 100 countries!
Paintball team names can range from funny to powerful, depending on your preference. We list more than 70 options to choose from below.
If you want to create your own paintball team name, we also provide some tips below the list to help you brainstorm.
Cold Blooded Painters
At Point Blank
Paint the Town
Ready Aim Splat
The Color Fetchers
The Paintshop Pros
Color Me Happy
The Small Furies
Derelicts of Dye
The Paint Posse
Paintball Team Name Generator
How to Create a Great Paintball Team Name
Creating an excellent paintball team name involves finding a name that reflects your team’s spirit and can motivate the team to stay alive in the game!
Choose the perfect paintball team name using the following tips:
- Choose a name based on your team’s favorite paint color. It’s easy to create a unique paintball team name when you begin with one word. Have your team decide on a favorite paint color and add a descriptive word or two to create your team name. Your descriptive words can take any inspiration — animals, mythical creatures, or totally abstract concepts.
- Look up other paintball team names for inspiration. You can take inspiration from a team that inspires you or find a list of current and past professional paintball teams online. While you won’t want to use any of these exact names for your team, you can take individual words from them or combine a few different ideas to create your own team name. For example, you might see “Chicago Aftershock” and create a team name using a similar earthquake-related word like “tremor.”
- Create a paintball team name based on one word that describes your team. Have your team decide on a single word that perfectly describes it as a whole or is motivational. If each team member can come up with just one word, you’ll have a list from which you can create a plethora of options. Use an individual term as your name, or turn it into a phrase that lights a fire under your team.
- StagParty.ie, "The Ultimate List Of Paintball Team Names"
- Team Group Names, "Paintball Team Names  Best, Cool, Clever, Funny, For Pro Player"
- Names Frog, "Paintball Team Names: 250+ Catchy Pro Paint Ball Player Names"
- Names More, "Paintball Team Names [2022: Best, Funny, Cool & Unique]"