Even during prehistoric times, our ancestors had a general, abstract sense of math, like knowing the difference between one animal and a herd of seven.
The earliest evidence of math is found in bones, which were carved with straight lines for counting and tallying.
Today, basic math is essential for daily activities like paying bills, taking stock of the pantry, arriving at places on time, filing taxes, and receiving paychecks.
Math-related team and group chat names can be fun or serious.
Use one of our suggestions below, or try out our name generator for more options.
If you don’t find a math group name from our list that fits your group, see our tips below the list to create your own.
Feed Us Pi
Sine of the Times
Pi Are Squared
Divide and Conquer
What's Your Sine?
The Graph Gang
Solve for X
Root to Success
Greater Than Zero
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Rational Numbers
Live Free or Pi Hard
Excuse our Exponents
The Absolute Values
A Fraction Ahead
Zero Slope Gang
Partial Sums Society
We Like Pi
Odds and Ends
The Order of Operations
In the Curve
Triple Root Patrol
Less Than Zero
The Critical Values
Double Root Disciples
using “sines” in place of “sins”
Odd Number Order
The Mean Values
Math Team Name Generator
How to Create a Great Math Team Name
Use the following tips to create your own great math-related team or group name:
- Start with math terms. Math is a wide-ranging subject of study, meaning that there are many common and unique math terms available. An internet search for “math terms” or “math terminology” will give you access to a variety of lists you can peruse to find an excellent math team name. Use the term on its own or add a descriptive word (like “gang” or “brigade”) to it to make the perfect name for your team.
- Think about your group members. While using math-related terminology is probably the easiest way to come up with an appropriate name, you can get inspiration from the group itself, too. Consider your team members and words that you’d use to describe them individually or collectively. Again, a single word may work, or a short phrase may be more to your liking.
- Name your group after your favorite type of math problem. Find unique ways to describe your favorite type of mathematical problem (or, alternatively, your least favorite). Add some alliteration or humor to your math team name to keep it fun — for example, our list’s suggestion of “Subtraction Squad.”
- Team Group Names, "Math Team Names [Cool, Creative, Club, Funny, Clever, Catchy]"
- The Team Names, "Math Team Names"
- Dr. Odd, "Math Club Team Names"
- College Confidential, "Better Name for My Math Club"
- Custom Ink, "25 Funny and Clever Math Team Names"