Horses have lived alongside humans for thousands of years, but they’ve been on the planet for approximately 50 million years!
First domesticated around 4000 BCE, horses have played a role in developing our agricultural practices, building our countries and cities, facilitating travel, and conducting wars.
Horse team names can be as diverse as individual horses themselves. You can choose from cute, funny, or more professional names.
Our list has a variety of options. We also have a name generator, or see our tips on creating your own horse team name after the list.
Back in the Saddle
The Bucking Brigade
The Turnout Club
Rushing To the Ring
Don't Rein Us In
Avoiding the Obstacles
Side Saddle Squad
Near Side Society
Above the Bit
On the Offside
The Pole Benders
Quarter Horse Legion
At a Gallop
On the Bit
The Braided Manes
The Racing Steeds
Withers & Leather
In the Paddock
Horse Shoe Society
Bran Mash Bunch
The Billets Brigade
The Chaps Collective
The Stars Guild
Horse Team Name Generator
How to Create a Great Horse Team Name
If each team member has their own horse, you may want to incorporate the names of the horses into your team name — perhaps using the first few letters of each name to create a unique word.
Here are several more suggestions to help you create your own name:
- Research all about horses. If you are a horse lover, you may already have a vast amount of horse knowledge and terminology at your disposal. Look for interesting and unique terms about horses or equestrian activities that would function as a great horse team name.
- Get together with your group and brainstorm. Creating ideas alongside others can be helpful and motivating. It is also great to have access to ideas and suggestions that may not immediately come to mind for you. With your team, make a large list of ideas, then whittle it down until you find the perfect name!
- Think about well-known horses and riders. Your group may want to give a shoutout to an inspirational horse and/or rider by creating a team name based on them.
- Feature the horse’s breed. If the team’s horses are the same breed, you can create a name around that; if several breeds are in the group, you may be able to combine the breed names.
- Go abstract. If you’d prefer a name that doesn’t directly reference horses, riding, or other related terms, choose a name that just sounds cool to you! Just because your team is all about horses doesn’t mean your name has to be that way, too. Empowering phrases like “Power Up” can also make for great horse team names.