Gold is a color symbolizing success, confidence, and wealth, which makes it great for creating a solid team name.
Regardless of whether you’re naming a sports team, a workplace team, or some other type, gold can reflect your determination to succeed.
Gold also reflects warmth, compassion, and the power of the sun. Rather than focusing only on your achievements, a gold team name can reflect positivity onto your team.
In addition to a great name, gold can provide catchphrases or mantras for your team. For example, “gold standard” or “gold stars” can reflect your team’s excellence.
Below, we have our suggestions for gold team names — plus, you can scroll past the list to find our tips for creating your own unique name.
The 14 Karats
Gold to Go
Latin for “gold”
All that Glitters is Gold
Paved With Gold
from the Brothers Grimm fairy tale, a golden goose is a continuing source of wealth or profit that may be exhausted if it is misused
I Love Gold!
reference to the movie Austin Powers in Goldmember
Good as Gold
We Stay Golden
The Golden Children
Worth Our Weight in Gold
The Gold Standard
The Golden Hills
Gold N Ember
Gold Coast Stars
Gold Team Name Generator
How to Create a Great Gold Team Name
The only real “rule” for creating a gold team name is that it needs to include the word “gold” or make a reference to gold. You have a lot of freedom to create whatever type of name you want!
For easy options, consider the following sources of inspiration:
- “Gold” + another word: You can add “Gold” to a lot of different words to create a great team name. Commonly, people combine colors with animals to create this type of name, such as “Golden Eagles.” You can also use mythical creatures (like giants and fairies) or active words (like rush or wave).
- Gold objects: Rather than or along with using the word “gold,” you can create a unique name by getting inspiration from gold-colored things. Some examples include gold nuggets, golden spoons, medals, or sunflowers.
- Quotes: Search for quotes about gold for inspiration. You can use or adapt common phrases like “stay golden” or “worth more than gold.”
- Pop culture: Plenty of songs reference gold, and you can use bits and pieces of their titles or lyrics to inspire your team name. For example, Taylor Swift’s “Daylight” has the lyric “golden like daylight,” and Bruno Mars has a song called “24K Magic,” a reference to pure gold.
- Puns: Swap “gold” for words in common phrases like “cold turkey” (gold turkey) or “stone gold” (stone gold). You can even use a pun generator online if you need more ideas.
- Only for Names, "195+ Gold Team Name & Golden Colors Team Names Also"
- MascotDB, "Sports team names with the color gold"
- Names Frog, "140 Awesome Gold Team Names Ideas"