Growing plants has been essential as human societies have evolved. It’s allowed us to feed our families and communities, but it’s also a hobby that has beautified our world!
The earliest surviving garden plan dates back to around 1400 BCE in Egypt, where a high court official designed a garden with several pavilions, ponds, and tree-lined walkways.
In the U.S., the primary focus of gardens was to grow food until the mid-1800s, when people began shopping at produce markets more often. Having other sources of food allowed people to create beautiful and elaborate garden varieties.
Whether growing edible plants or exotic flowers, gardeners of all ages enjoy having a green thumb.
Our list of garden club names offers a great range of choices for your group. We also have some tips below if you want to create your own garden club name.
Ready Set Grow
Fields of Flowers
The Blooming Idiots
The Dirty Girls
With the Worms
The Casual Gardeners
Seeds & Weeds
The Tiny Terrace
Leaves of Green
La Vie En Rose
The Plant Whisperers
Green Thumb Guys
Can You Dig It?
We're Frost Sensitive
Here We Hoe Again
The Dirt Dabblers
The Perennial Slug Hunter Society
All Thumbs Garden Club
The Mud Slingers
The Diggers Club
Made In the Shade
Come Grow With Us
The Sore Knees
Fairly Drought Tolerant
The Full Sun Force
The Potted Weeds
Worms 'R' Us
Greedy Green Plantophiles
Blooming Where Planted
Hearts 'N' Spades
Garden Club Name Generator
How to Create a Great Garden Club Name
Create a blooming garden club name using the following tips:
- Include the name of your favorite plant or flower. Plants and flowers are a great place to start the garden club naming process. You can have each club member submit the name of their favorite plant or flower, then put the final choice to a team vote.
- Use garden tools for inspiration. The names of various garden tools can easily be incorporated into a great garden club name. You can use it on its own, or add a descriptive word or short phrase to create a totally unique club name.
- Look up historical facts about gardening. You might find the perfect garden club name in a fact, story, or quote about the gardens of the past.
- Get inspiration from your favorite books about gardening. You can find inspiration for your garden club name in garden books online, on your book shelf, or at your local library. Look for interesting facts and words that would make a great garden club name. Be creative!
- Custom Ink, "28 Garden Club Names"
- Names Frog, "330+ Catchy Garden Club Names Ideas and Suggestions"
- Food Truck Empire, "250+ Funny to Unique Gardening Business Name Ideas"
- David Hobson's Garden Humor, "Exciting Names for Your Garden Club"