Spring is a lively time — green leaves appear on trees, flowers begin to bloom, and the temperature rises.
Did you know that until the 14th century, spring wasn’t known by that name? The name became common because plants begin “springing” up from the ground!
After the cold winter, many people become eager to get back to activities like baseball, golf, and gardening. Nearly a third of Americans actually consider Spring their favorite season!
When participating in team activities, you might want a cheerful, spring-themed name to match the season’s mood.
Whether you’re attending a spring-themed trivia night or simply love the season, we have more than 50 options to choose from below.
Scroll past the list for our tips to help you brainstorm your own spring team names!
The May Flowers
The Spring Cleaners
Spring Ahead, Fall Back!
reference to Daylight Savings Time
The Spring Onions
Last Bud Not Least
The Spring Breakers
Look Who's Blooming
The Cherry Blossoms
We're Really Allergic to Pollen
The Chirping Birds
Too Lit Tulips
All the Buzz
The Big Thaw
The April Fools
The Spring Flings
Coming Up Roses
The Yellow Raincoats
In Like a Lion
You're Just Dandy, But We're Lions
reference to dandelions
No, We Haven't Filed Them Yet
reference to spring tax filing
The Dyed Eggs
Spring Into Action
reference to the brand of rubber boots
The Garden Gnomes
Love Bugs & Crazy Daisies
Here for a Good Thyme
Just Spring Roll With It
Sprung to Life
Easter Keg Hunts
Spring Has Sprung
Stuck in colder weather? See our list of winter-themed team names for more seasonal inspiration!
Spring-Themed Team Name Generator
How to Create Your Own Spring Team Names
Use the following tips to create your own spring team names:
- Choose a name that reflects the season. Spring is the time of year when the snow and ice melt, the flowers come back, and the sun starts shining a bit more frequently. Many people consider spring a time of hope and happiness. Be sure to choose a name that aligns with the season. Grim and dreary names just won’t do!
- Make a list of your favorite things about spring. Spring inspirations can range from different types of flowers to animals that return in spring to activities you can only take on once the weather starts warming up. Get together with your team and make a brief list of the things you love about spring, then conduct a few rounds of voting to find the team’s overall favorites and final choice.
- Use puns and common phrases. Sayings like “April showers bring May flowers” and silly springtime puns can be great starting points for your team name. Though they can be a little bit corny, they’re still fun! A humorous team name will give your team a lively and exciting mood.
- Custom Ink, "26 Spring Team Names"
- Sporcle, "18 Spring Trivia Team Names That Will Cure Your Allergies"
- Dr. Odd, "Spring Party Theme Names"