Euchre isn’t as well-known as common card games like solitaire, but it has a long history.
People have played it since the early 19th century in the U.S. It was brought to the U.S. by German immigrants, adapted from an older card game called “Juckerspiel.”
Today, euchre is particularly popular in the Midwest.
One euchre enthusiast, Jason Boog, came up with the concept of the “euchre belt” as the states where the game is most prevalent — Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
Euchre is a fun card game that can become very competitive but is almost always played with a good sense of humor.
We have more than 30 funny Euchre team names to choose from below, plus tips to help you create your own name ideas!
The High Jackers
The Dairy Duo
Tricks Are For Kids
Always In the Barn
a play on the similar-sounding Christian ceremony, Eucharist
Love at First Flight
The Boss Cards
reference to the European game Juckerspiel, from which Euchre is an offshoot
The Trick Takers
a play on “eukaryote,” a biological term
The Fence Jumpers
The Table Talkers
Itty Bitty Bower Patrol Committee
The Trump Cubes
The Best Bowers
Peace, Love, Euchre
No Ace, No Face, No Problem!
Aces With No Faces
I Can Has Bower?
reference to the “I Can Has Cheezburger” cat meme
Trumping the Shark
a play on “jumping the shark”
The Trumper Thumpers
But First, Euchre
The Trumped Aces
Dogs From Every County
The Winning Tricks
Move Your Mothers
How to Create a Funny Euchre Team Name
Keep the following tips in mind if you’d prefer to create your own funny Euchre team name:
- Use game terminology. Other teams will be more than familiar with the common phrases of Euchre. As we’ve done on our list, create puns, jokes, or plain references to Euchre terminology for a specific and easily recognizable team name, sure to get laughs from the whole tournament.
- Choose a name that suits a duo. Since Euchre is usually played in teams of two, any name suitable for a pair will work, even if it isn’t directly related to the game. See our list of duo team names for ideas, or draw inspiration from famous twosomes in history and popular culture.
- Get inspiration locally. Euchre is a popular card game in various parts of the world but is especially well-loved in the “Euchre belt” of the U.S. — Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. If your team has a strong sense of regional pride, think of other quirky features or favorites of your state, city, or region for ideas. Inspiration can range from famous landmarks to local foods to popular hobbies other than Euchre.
- "Me and my friend are joining a Euchre league. Any funny/offensive team name suggestions?," r/bloomington[↩]
- "Euchre Team Names 2021: Best, Funny, Cool," Dr. Odd[↩][↩][↩][↩]
- "Euchre Tournament," Life in Vet School[↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩]
- "My euchre team name for tonight," r/Punny[↩]
- "Euchre Terminology and Common Phrases," Ohio Euchre[↩][↩][↩][↩]
- "Euchre - Card Game Rules," Bicycle Cards[↩]
- "Euchre Memes," Euchre Info[↩][↩][↩][↩]