The art of design influences many aspects of our daily lives, and it goes back centuries.
Humans began creating clothing between 100,000 and 500,000 years ago; architectural design dates back to prehistoric times; cave paintings are even considered the earliest form of graphic design!
Whether interior, on the web, in fashion, or elsewhere, good design enriches our experiences. If you’re on a design team at school or work, you deserve a name that reflects your project’s taste, skill, and creativity.
Below, we have more than 100 design team names to choose from, plus tips to help you create more options on your own.
Designs in Motion
The Design Heroes
The Thirds Rule
appropriate for an interior design team
Degrees of Detail
Accenting With Pizzazz
Do it in Style
appropriate for a digital design team
The Concept Lab
The Retro Ones
Mood Board Brigade
On the Grid
The Color Schemers
Connect the Dots
Just Like Magic
The Design Doctors
Design Team Name Generator
How to Create Good Design Team Names
Creating a design team name might be the right option for your team if you want something more personal that reflects each member.
Keep the following tips in mind while brainstorming:
- Think of your favorite element(s) of design. You’re probably familiar with the basic elements of design — color, texture, space, scale, etc. — and going back to these basics can be an excellent way to find the perfect team name. Reference the element itself or make a shortlist based on it; if you love color, for instance, make a list of your favorite colors or color combinations.
- Consider your team’s style. Does your team favor retro designs, or are their sensibilities ultra-modern? Even if you don’t reference a particular style directly, you can use your team’s style as inspiration for your name. For example, a retro-influenced team might get its name from a vintage typeface or a popular color from a past era, such as sage green.
- Choose a name with a message. Whether your team works directly with clients to create custom designs or takes on assigned projects, your name can send a message to those who will view your work. Words like “upscale” or “classic” will give an idea of what people can expect from your work before they even see it.
- Worth Start, "Graphic Design Business Names"
- Business Name Generator, "Creative Design Business Name Generator"
- Find Team Names, "500+ Smart and Creative Team Names for Work"