Black Desert transports players into a world where they can hunt monsters, fight in guilds, conquer castles, and pick up special skills.
Family names in Black Desert serve as a unique name linked with your account, which all of your characters will share — similar to a surname.
Since you control multiple characters, each with their own individual names, the family name allows other players to identify which characters belong to you.
Your family name must be unique from other players — several players can’t use the same name. However, you can change the name at any time by purchasing a name change coupon from the in-game store.
We have more than 40 Black Desert family name ideas below!
Note that we’ve checked the availability of these names at the time of writing, but if the name is in use by the time you find it, we have tips to help you change the name or create a new one below the list.
short for “the revolution”
French for “nobility”
French for “unparalleled”
Spanish for “defeat”
- Kidadl, “Looking For A Black Desert Family Name? Welcome To The Ultimate Guide”[↩]
German for “nobility”
German for “conquerors”
German for “champion”
French for “hypnotic”
French for “brave”
German for “valiant”
Spanish for “avengers”
similar to wizards
Spanish for “champions”
How to Create Your Own Black Desert Family Names
Keep the following tips in mind if you’d like to create your own Black Desert family name:
- Follow Black Desert’s naming rules. You might need to stay within a specific character limit (under 12 characters at the time of writing) or avoid certain special characters. Current restrictions will appear within the game’s operational policy, and the game will alert you if there’s an issue with the name you input.
- Make sure your name isn’t taken. You can use Black Desert’s adventurer search to find existing family names and ensure your idea isn’t already taken. It’s a good idea to have a few backups in mind in case someone else has already used your favorite name.
- Get creative with the name’s spelling. You can alter a name by changing the spelling or adding a few characters if it’s already in use. For example, if “Peerless” gets taken, you can try “ThePeerless,” “P33rless,” or “Pxxrless.”
- Use synonyms and translations. If you strongly like a popular word that’s already in use, such as “Avengers,” you can use synonyms or translations to find a unique family name with similar meaning. Instead of “Avengers,” you could use “Vindication” or the Spanish “Vengadores.”
- Kidadl, "Looking For A Black Desert Family Name? Welcome To The Ultimate Guide"[↩]