Winter is a season of cold weather and cozy layers of clothing.
How and when you experience winter will depend on where you live. In the Northern Hemisphere, it begins in December, but in the Southern Hemisphere, it begins in June.
Whichever hemisphere you live in, you can’t avoid winter weather completely. Even the driest place on Earth — Chile’s Atacama Desert — receives snow sometimes!
If you love winter or are participating in an event during winter, you might consider a winter-themed name for your team.
We feature a wide range of choices, or you can check out our tips below to create your own.
The Fast and the Flurries
We're Up to Snow Good
License to Chill
It's Freezin' Season
Ice Crystal Crew
Boot Socks Bunch
Yellow Snow Squad
Abominable Snow Monsters
Jack Frost's Friends
Shiver & Quiver
Polar Bears & Puffins
The Ice Breakers
The Negative Temps
The Big Freeze
The Ice Rink Rebels
The Lake Effects
The Ice Sculptures
Fierce Flannel Force
Feeling the Chill
The Glacial Group
Freezing Rain Renegades
Winter-Themed Team Name Generator
How to Create a Cool Winter-Themed Team Name
Create a great winter-themed team name using the following tips:
- Choose a single word that represents winter to you and your team. Some people love the winter season and some don’t. To name your team, find a word that sums up winter. Your word may be positive or not, depending on the way you and your team feel about the coldest season.
- Look up weather-related terms for winter. Technical terms can make interesting team names. You might make a list of several options and have your team vote on a favorite.
- Think about winter sports and activities. Winter sports and activities sometimes have winter-related terms. See how many you can come up with that might make a great team name. Be creative!
- Use winter-themed books and movies as inspiration. If you have a favorite book or movie that takes place in winter, use the characters, quotes, places, and events to inspire your own unique winter-themed team name. You can change up the original terms to make them your own, or use the original words and add an additional descriptive word or two of your own.
- "Weather-related Team Names," MascotDB
- "19 of the Coldest Winter Themed Team Names," Sporcle