Did you know that the letter P originated from the Greek pi?
Its shape even comes from the pi symbol — some time by 200 BC, the second limb of the symbol was curved to form the closed-loop “P” shape we know today.
Inspirations for team names that start with P can be wide-ranging; you can choose any “P” word that reflects your group’s purpose or mood.
About a third of words in English start with either “P,” “S,” or “C,” so your options are many.
Our list features more than 70 generalized team names that start with P to fit a wide range of groups.
If you want to create your own team name, we also have some brainstorming tips below the list!
Pet Shop Posse
Peace Dove Division
Powder Puff Generation
Pitter Patter Union
Pixie Dust Derelicts
Polished Polka Dots
Panache & Purpose
How to Create a Great Team Name Starting With P
If none of the ideas on our list above are perfect for your group, you can create a great team name starting with P using the following tips:
- Consult the dictionary. When it comes to finding words that start with specific letters, the dictionary is the best source. Browse through the “P” section and jot down any words that stand out to you. You can choose a word that you just like the sound of or one that has a significant meaning for your team. Free dictionaries are available online, or you may have a physical book at home or school. Dictionaries are also readily available at your local library.
- Use terms associated with your group that begin with the letter P. This may or may not be easy, depending on the type of group you are naming. If there is a lack of “P” terms for your specific group, you can look up synonyms for words you like that don’t start with P.
- Have a naming contest within your group. Ask each member to submit a potential name that begins with P. After gathering all of your options, take an anonymous vote for the winner. You may find a name that perfectly describes your group; however, sometimes team names that don’t seem to fit a group can be fun as well, for a sense of irony. Considering all the options will lead your group to its unique name.
- League Athletics, "Team Names"[↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩][↩]
- Dr. Odd, "Team Names that Start with P - 2022: Best, Cool, Funny"[↩][↩][↩]
- Custom Ink, "Team Names That Start With 'P'"[↩][↩][↩][↩]